BREAKING NEWS:- AAJ RAT THI 500 ANE 1000 NI NOTES BANDH:- ATM MA THI ONLY 2000 RUPIYA J UPADI SHAKSHE.
Currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 won' be valid from midnight, PM Narendra Modi says in an address to the nation.
Currency notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 will be just paper with no value, the PM says.
Modi says the citizens money will be safe as they can deposit the notes in the bank before December 30, 2016.
People can deposit notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 in their banks from November 10 till December 30, 2016, says PM.
Click Here For Full Details In Gujarati.
- Currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denominations will not be legal beginning November 9
- New notes of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 would be released and circulated from November 10
- ATMs will not work on November 9, and at some places on November 10 as well
- People can deposit notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 in their banks from November 10 till December 30, 2016
- Those unable to deposit Rs 1000, Rs 500 notes by December 30 for some reason, can change them till March 31, 2017 by furnishing ID proof
- Currency notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 will be just paper with no value
- Banks will remain closed on 9th November
- All banks and post offices will remain shut tomorrow
- Cashless fund transfer won't be affected by this
- Respite for people for the initial 72 hours, Govt hospitals will accept old Rs 500 and 1000 notes till 11 November midnight
- Some medical facilities will be exempted from this for the time being
- Rs 20,000 weekly cap on exchange of Rs 500 & Rs 1,000 notes